I am doing a Podcast on portalZINE.TV since last year and always host a backup of the MP3 episodes on Google Drive.
The link that you create, when enabling file sharing on Google Drive, can not be used to actually embed it on your website.
The link looks something like that:
To actually use it directly, we need to get the ID. Sure, you could just extract the ID, but often we just want to copy and paste. The sharing link is also your actual reference to the original file, which I store together with the podcast.
We use a simple Regex to extract the ID:
- $input = "https://drive.google.com/file/d/78BygKccgGms9ET2lUM0RPVUI1T0U/view?usp=sharing";
- preg_match("/https:\/\/drive.google.com\/file\/d\/([a-zA-Z0-9_]+)\//", $input, $match);
- $GoogleDriveFileID = $match;
- var input = "https://drive.google.com/file/d/78BygKccgGms9ET2lUM0RPVUI1T0U/view?usp=sharing";
- var res = input.match(/https:\/\/drive.google.com\/file\/d\/([a-zA-Z0-9_]+)\//)
- var googleDriveFileID = res;
This ID can than be used to embed the file directly using HTML5 audio controls.
Its important to use the “https://docs.google.com/uc?export=open&id=” url to open the file, as it provides the direct access to the shared file
- <audio controls>
- <source src="https://docs.google.com/uc?export=open&id=<?php echo $GoogleDriveFileID; ?>" type="audio/mp3">
- <p>This browser does not support HTML5 audio</p>
TYPEMYKNIFE® - allows you to laser ingrave your knife using a unique 3D configurator. I redesigned their 3D knife configurator… Read More
BOOKING SOLUTIONS 202x This is my take on a subset of booking, appointment, PMS or reservation solutions for WordPress. Update… Read More