WHAT IS IPANORAMA 360?
iPanorama 360 for WordPress is a specialized plugin that enables users to create and display interactive 360-degree virtual tours or panoramic images on WordPress websites. It extends the functionality of the WordPress content management system by providing a user-friendly interface and a range of features specifically tailored for creating and showcasing 360-degree content.
With iPanorama 360 for WordPress, you can upload panoramic images or sets of photographs and convert them into interactive virtual tours or panoramic sliders. The plugin offers customization options to adjust the appearance and behavior of the panoramas, such as controlling the speed of rotation, choosing navigation controls, adding hotspots, and incorporating multimedia elements like images, videos, or audio.
The plugin integrates seamlessly with WordPress, allowing you to embed the created virtual tours or panoramic images directly into your website pages or posts. You can also customize the tour settings, such as enabling or disabling auto-rotation, adjusting the initial zoom level, or defining the starting viewpoint.
iPanorama 360 for WordPress typically provides an intuitive visual editor that enables users to create and edit their virtual tours or panoramas using a drag-and-drop interface. This makes it easier to add hotspots, link to other panoramas or external content, and customize the appearance and functionality of the tour.
IPANORAMA 360 FEATURES
- 3 Scene Types – cube, sphere and cylinder
- HotSpots – allows you to mark different areas that you want to point out
- Virtual Tour – travel from one to another scene by clicking on special hotspots
- Tooltip System – the plugin has a build-in powerful tooltip system
- Compass – you can be sure to look forward
- Preview Image – you can set an image that will show as a preview
- Fullscreen – you can toggle from the normal state to fullscreen and back
- Mouse Wheel – zoom with mouse wheel scrolling
- Keyboard – arrows can be used for navigation through the scene
- Touch – touch was used for navigation tasks
- Autoplay – the scene autorotate around a vertical axis
- Awesome Looks – 2 predefined themes
- View customization – create your own theme
ADDING AN ARIAL / FLOOR MAP TO IPANORAMA 360!
I have tested many different solutions for 360 panoramas in the past and many have been lacking in one or more areas. I always seem to be coming back to iPanorama 360 for my projects, due to its solid editor and support.
One major problem for iPanorama 360 has been the ability to attach an Arial-map / Floor-map to the panorama. Others tried to fill that void, but mostly failed on Mobile.
I decided to build an image hotspot solution myself, that can also tie into iPanorama. I am building out all the things I need and more :)
CURRENT & PLANNED FEATURES
- Hotspot drag and drop positioning.
- Image Hotspot or SVG based hotspots (Size, Fill , Border, Color).
- Hotspot in and out animations.
- Tooltip system, supporting full Media and HTML. Still expanding on that. I am not sure yet, what will finally be in the first version.
- Popover option.
- iPanorama 360 – Add arial / floor map support. Guided setup, with full automatic integration in the future. Only 1 week into development, so this might change.
- iPanorama 360 – Radar view, which hooks into the current camera view and shows you what you are seeing on the map.
- External link support.
- Custom ID and classes per hotspot, to allow additional hooks or visual changes.
- Hotspot JS Events (Click, Over, Out and Active)
- REST Api
- Shortcode support. Fully detached from iPanorama, which allows to add it to a popover, slideout or any other design construct you envision.
- TWIG Template support, for the shortcode, to easily tweak the layout.
- Elementor support.
- Gutenberg support.
The first version is basically done and I will be using it for a client shortly. If you are interested, please feel free to get in touch. Will setup a demo page soon or link to the client using it ;)