This video should give you a good idea what the addon can actually do.
In my last article I gave you a rough overview of the features & requirements. Here some more details and additions:
- Added the fixed header & footer container to the admin interface. You can add special padding, to the top and bottom, through the fullpage settings and make room for them. These are standard content containers, that can hold any Visual Composer content or row setup.
- Added automatic menu, which adds links to each section as they are created. Link title matches the section title.
- Define section and slide anchors, which are reflected in the browser history.
- Sections and Slides can have different backgrounds, providing nice effect options. I added an image background to Section 1 and semi-transparent background colors to the Slides.
- Fullpage.js configuration is fully integrated and working. The system sets defaults for a quick start.
- Fullpage.js CSS override has been added, but is not complete yet. Added code editor.
- Fullpage.js Events have been added and are fully functional. These events are triggered after load, after slide load, after leaving a slide and other events.
- iScroll can be seen in Section 2. Added resize handling and configuration options. Still need to do some minor tweaks.
- iScroll custom scrollbars are on my list, but not sure I will add these yet.
- Prebuild Templates will be added, so that you can quickstart your design. Visual Composer 4.5+ provides some nice new options.
- Visual Composer requirement will be 4.5+.
- The admin provides a nice color separation for all components and count for slides & sections.
The addon is mostly done. I am finalizing the main admin area this week and will do a final cleanup next week, for the first beta release.
Many people have asked me for a release date. I currently plan to have a fully working Beta in the next 2-3 weeks. Will offer the Addon to a small closed group of customers first, before I think about other release options. I think I will offer between 20-30 slots for the beta run. If you are interested let me know.
- Quickly choose which section / slide to load, when the page is opened.
- The addon is injecting its own page template, to make sure that the main container is clear of any theme related margins or padding. As soon as the Fullpage container is added to the layout, the template gets selected dynamically.
- 21.06.2015 – updating to latest fullPage.js version (2.6.6) and adding new options and changes
– beta has been delayed due to my vacation & an accident I am recovering from. This is still just a side project 😉
– updating to latest fullPage.js version and adding new options to admin
– updating to latest Visual Composer version
– moving to Visual Composer 4.7
– finalizing the admin area
– moving to Visual Composer 4.9x
– fullpage.js version update
– iScroll update
– admin /front-end cleanup … getting close 🙂
– works pretty flawless by now
– plugins are updated
– admin complete, working on some minor cosmetics
– not sure yet about distribution 🙂 … my current projects come first!
– adding version / requirement checks for all linked libs
– moved to VisualComposer 4.10
– fullPage.js version bumped to 2.7.8
– final cleanup of all areas on the way